Safety & Compliance is Our Top Priority
The Health, Safety, and Environmental Department (HSE) supports the overall mission and goals of Sonic Surveys, LTD. by developing, implementing, and administering comprehensive environmental health and safety services, policies, and procedures throughout the organization.
HSE seeks to develop and implement sound and effective policies and procedures that protect public health, prevent personal injury and maintain regulatory compliance in the areas of chemical, biological, and radiation safety; occupational health and safety; and environmental stewardship.
- Sonic Surveys is dedicated to eliminating injuries, accidents, and environmental impact and ensuring compliance.
- Sonic Surveys will achieve this by providing quality training, comprehensive workplace evaluation, emergency response, hazardous materials management from acquisition to disposal, and by managing regulatory information. Employees HSE Responsibilities:
- Safety is the responsibility of every employee, and everyone participates in activities to ensure a safe work environment.
- Samir (Tony) Ashy, Jr. and the Safety Committee are responsible for leadership of the overall safety effort and for providing all resources which are necessary for an effective program of accident prevention.
- Supervisors are responsible for maintaining safe work conditions within their areas and for ensuring that all operations are carried out with the utmost regard for safety.
- Each employee is responsible for consistently following all established safety procedures, for promptly reporting potential hazards, and for fostering a proactive culture focused on the safe and responsible use of Sonic Surveys, LTD. ’s facilities.
- Maintaining a safe work environment is a top priority and must be a personal goal of every employee.
Health, Safety & Environmental Policy
It is the policy and philosophy of Sonic Surveys that all employees should be provided with a safe and healthy working environment free of recognized safety and health hazards that may affect their health and well-being. To this end, Sonic Surveys subscribes to the following credo in conducting all its business activities:
- All accidents are preventable through the implementation of effective Health, Safety, and Environmental Management Control Policies and Practices integrated with the overall management of our business.
- Safety and health protection of employees take precedence over productivity. It is good business, prevents human suffering, and increases profits.
- Employees should be educated and trained to identify, evaluate, and control safety, health, and environmental hazards to protect themselves, other workers, and company property.
- Employees are responsible for following the company's Health, Safety and Environmental Management Control Process Policies, Procedures, and Safe Work Practices at all times.
- Management must audit/review project safety and health performance and the work environment, and take corrective action to ensure that work activities are in compliance with the company policies, goals and objectives.
The management of Sonic Surveys is determined to continuously improve the safety performance of the company through its commitment to people and performance. Management will devote the necessary effort and resources to provide safe and healthy working conditions by supporting its safety, health, and environmental and quality employee empowerment systems and programs. Our Health, Safety, and Environmental Management Control Process is a comprehensive management process that is an integral part of the overall management system of our company and individual projects.
As employees are motivated to accept their commitment to continuously improve their performance, we come one step closer to our mission.
- Zero Recordables in 2018, 2019, and 2020 YTD
- Participate/partnership in Avetta, DISA, ISN, NCMS, PEC
- Participate in internal audits: DOT, OSCON, Customers
- Initiated internal Behavior-Based Safety Program
- Training through HASC, ISTC, ISN, etc.
- Safe Driving Program through Lytx (DriveCams in trucks)
- Internal and 3 rd party training for (DOT, Radiation, Explosives, Equipment)
- Internal programs for inspecting vehicles, operating/field equipment, PPE,
- All employees are trained and certified is AP RP-67 Oilfield Explosives Safety Training.
- CDL Drivers on staff
- Trained and Certified Radiation Logging Assistants